Thursday 20 December 2012

Last Christmas

While it's fair to say the last year and a half has been unwaveringly rubbish, there's one good thing that I can hang onto.

This is going to be my first Christmas as a grown-up,when I won't be nursing a broken heart.

Yes you heard me right. The original hearts and flowers diva is doing ok on the love front, because she's neither in lust or in love; and strangely it doesn't bother her one iota.

Having distinguished myself throughout the years by a heartfelt and reckless devotion to 'dodgy' (emotionally unobtainable, commitment phobics, recovering divorced jocks) which had artfully led me to being a cardholder at club Toxic Central) ; I find myself calmly anticipating the prospect of settling.

Hell no I hear you yell, but back up and wait a minute.

I've gone through the he's not cute/tall enough requirements, to the 'he plays chess and wears sweaters - that's cool' moment!

On the body front there's no real barrier for me to break through here, ordinary joes have always been my bag. Sculptured Adonis's are by my book terrifying, as unfortunately, they require their mates to be equally buff and gorgeous to boot!

Now that would mean I would  have to rise to the relentless sound of the daily gym sirens - which is quite frankly one bridge I'm not looking to cross anytime soon !  This year's stress diet, Zuma and yoga are working just fine thanks!

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to cosy up to someone this Christmas - it would be awesome, but instead of being stuck (due to my own actions) with another Mr Toxic, I'll take Mr comfortable, decent, reliable and nice, instead please.

I've been a good diva Santa, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed !

No comments: