Friday 4 November 2011

Tanked, but Optimistic

The worst is over.

Mum has finally been released from hospital and we're both thankful and relieved that despite, the initial health concerns, she doesn't have the big C.

F told me off for not telling him about it, but then conceded he wasn't surprised, as he knows me so well. If I have major stuff going on, I'd rather hold my own counsel and get through it.

I'm definitely not a sharer on serious stuff, which is weird as so many people come to me when their shit hits the fan. It's always easier dealing with other people's problems than your own though right?

On the work front it was a no, after 3 weeks on the big pitch. They finally came back with that on Wednesday.

There was clearly other factors involved I'm unaware of (budget, change of resource requirements etc), but dwelling on them really won't get me anywhere.

The music project I've been working on is however, finally green lit and work starts in earnest next week, which should keep me out of mischief and keep the wolf from my door :0)

It's going to be challenging, as some of my duties I have never done before, so I will be flying by the seat of my pants...but I do love a splash of pressure and a deadline or two to scare the crap out of me !

My lesson from all of my issues(five months worth and counting!) is to realise the world doesn't begin and end with work.

For all my years as this striving, assertive career woman, I really don't have a great deal materially to show for it, so maybe its about time I centred on going after what I really want.

Serenity - in life and work, doing what I love and spending time with people I adore.

A mentioned Christmas again. I admire her persistence to try to make me abandon my hatred of Christmas (I totally ignore it on every level) and take an annual off the radar week from Christmas Eve onwards, which I always spend alone at home, having dropped off family presents.

I didn't bother going into the ins and outs with her, because she like my other friends already knows how and why I feel that way, respect that I don't want to talk about it ever. Regardless, it was sweet of her to invite me to hers.

My favourite place at the moment is the gym. It's not about the body beautiful, it's about my time. I don't have to talk to anyone if I don't want to, I just pop in my headset and run or row away to wherever I want.

I'm a bit of a brooding diva at the moment, which actually means I'm quiet ! Really its just me working things through in the best way I know.

No comments: