Monday 13 June 2011

Back To The Future 1

There comes a time as a long time singleton when your near misses, rear their heads for a second time, alongside the could ofs, would ofs and should ofs.

Today it was my turn. SD was a massive office crush I had at my second ever job. He was bright, funny and surprisingly for me good looking and very tall.

He was of course already taken and strangely enough when I was younger, I actually had the good sense to only be his friend, albeit one very naughty steamy Christmas snog, which was great, but had the unfortunate edge of making me realise what I was missing out on.

He moved onto a new job. We stayed in touch for a while before inevitably drifting apart after he got married and became a Dad.

My Linked In mail box flash up:

'SD Join My Linked In Network'

I recognised his name instantly, enlarged his profile picture and there he was, looking a little heavier, but essentially looking just the same.

I accepted the request, dropped a quick hello and thought that would be it, until

"Well hello to you, dear BB.

I'm not a regular user of Facebook or LinkedIn, but I have looked for you a few times without any success. I hope you are well.

I am actually in the Smoke tomorrow and have a free evening, so would you be able to meet up?

Email me r text me and let me know. It's been far too long but it would be lovely to see you"
.

We're meeting at 7pm. I've got no expectations at all, but I'll admit, I am curious.

No comments: