Wednesday 22 June 2011

Unexpected Help & Inappropriate Behaviour

I love the fact that your day can be transformed by by one positive interaction.

Mine was gleaned through talking with relatively new acquaintance in my life. She was so enthusiastic about her work and life, so firm in her belief that good stuff is just around the corner for me, that she gave me a much needed shot in the arm.

In the past 24 hours, I have been shot down by an IT guru whose indifference to my request for help was really disappointing, but has of course motivated me to do the job myself.

I have finally entered the 21st century and brought myself an iphone - go me !!!

I have sat beside a woman who wantonly tweezering her chin, in horror of horrors public - on a bus! Backlit beautifully by a glorious sun and tragically well before my breakfast, which I couldn't face, after such a shocking beauty debunking moment from her.

I rescued a woman who was so drunk she could barely stand. In fact when she dropped her phone, bag and keys, I swooped down, picked everything up and returned to them her, for fear of her falling and not being able to get up again !!

Lunch with N was good, if a little sombre on her side. It's hard to see such an amazing, gifted individual not be given a real opportunity to shine and deliver especially with such a diverse skillset as hers.

Then I got an email from S saying he'd missed out the big job who was up for grrr....there must be something in the air.

It wasn't all grim though. Every single task I was working on today, although way, way too complicated actually got done. I know it sounds pathetic, but I love crossing things off my list.

Which can only mean one thing - I am turning into a grown-up!!

No comments: