Tuesday 16 March 2010

The Birthday Part 1

Yes today is the day - My birthday! One of those big birthdays which we all think are super old when we are kids, but when we actually reach them we try to make them memorable.

My birthday started on a high with two cards from S and C, that C had left on my dining room table for me to find when I finally got up this morning.

I showered, got changed into my day to date dress and was just about to head out the door, when the phone rang. P calling from the US with a girlie dilemma. While listening to her, I continued putting on my foundation which went smoothly until I dropped the foundation on my cream living room carpet.

Several swear words and Vanish drenched scrubs later, the carpet appeared semi-decent and I headed out for lunch with M and L. Both were on great form and as we chatted and laughed, it occured to me that despite wasting all that energy dreading the day, I was actually having a good time.

After lunch I headed off to the day spa. Entering the sterile, heavily perfumed, whale music infused belly of spa land was heaven, until I hit the communal changing rooms. Faced by a sea of different sized women in various states of undress, I nipped to the loo to change and then headed off for my treatments.

No comments: