Monday 8 August 2011

The Riots

Today is the first time in a long time that I have been really scared. Last night I had a lot of love from my friends and family checking up on me to make sure I was ok.

Why because my little piece of homely haven BB Towers was smack in the middle of another borough in London which has been blighted by outbursts of rioting and looting not seen since the Brixton riots in the 80s.

Just 10 minutes away from where I live, one of our major landmarks, a shop that has been open for over 150 years and owned by the same family, was burnt to the ground by rioters.

What was shocking was the complete disregard those idiots who burned that particular store and others down last night, had for that family and all those other people who had worked long and hard to build their businesses up, some of which also included their family homes upstairs.

Our government has long been viewed as a soft touch.

Now instead of being politely English and turning the other cheek we need to get tough. No more 'there, there I am sorry you had a crap childhood soft soap' directed at these opportunist criminals; instead lets point water canons, dogs and the full force of the law at them.

No comments: