Wednesday 7 September 2011

Grrrrr....

There's nothing like truly useless company feedback to get my back up. As you all know, I am on the books of numerous agents looking for my dream job.

My original dream job ended up being won by someone else...it was ironically announced to the world today and sent me into a huffy BB strop (well I'm not called Diva for nothing) and set the tone for one of those days, when you feel you have to fight every step of the way, to make an inch of progress.

Back at BB Towers, I received feedback from one of my 'entourage' about two roles they had put me forward for. I have decided to rename all of my 'agents' entourage from now on, since they now run in to double digits, bug me with mostly irrelevant questions and are dependent on me landing highly lucrative work to get paid handsomely !

Apparently I was perfect for both of the roles, if I had 18 months more experience. How bloody useless is that as candidate feedback?

Really, what the hell am I supposed to do with that? In a word - nothing.

Unless of course, I happen to suddenly find myself in a Quatum Leap style void, 18 months on from today, maybe in someone else's body (you have to have watched the TV show to get that reference!), but with the desired 18 months under my belt.

It's just nuts. Aside from my many other somewhat dubious qualities, I am if anything practical, so I responded by saying that we need to move away from the 'dream job zone', if that is the type of feedback we are getting.

Being the stubborn, bundle of self belief that I am, I got right onto Twitter and offered some BB Sparkle in return for some additional dream job relevant experience (not 18 months worth though!)

I'm not sure what will come from it, but I'm damned if I'm going to accept crap feedback like that and be fopped off. It's just not in my nature.

Rant over !

I have now consumed nearly half a packet of Haribos and am about to return to creating a dream job relevant blog to help promote myself.

I'm like some manic blogging English Bulldog !

No comments: