Monday 23 May 2011

Rampage !!

There's nothing quite like a mega girls night out to shake away the cobwebs and make you realise what a lucky cow you are.

B's birthday brought the crew together for much needed round of mischief.

I met her at Victoria Station, on time for once (that's me not her!). She looked awesome in a teal green number which complimented my metallic silver one shouldered dress perfectly.

"I'll tell you what BB, I had a nightmare finding something to wear. The outfit I tried on last week, didn't fit me."

"You're getting old", I said cheerfully.

"Cheeky cow"she replied laughing "Either that or I just can't be bothered to Atkins diet my way into a dress anymore!"

"Like I said, you're getting old!" We both laughed.

We arrived at the club with the rest of our Dancing Divas, late enough to ensure a few people were already on the dancefloor; but not so early that we looked like Desperate Donna's!

We found a cozy booth on the edge of the dancefloor, proceeded to work our way through chit chat, wine and of course some man talk, before breaking in our moves!

We danced like manics flat out for 6 hours straight. I can honestly say I haven't laughed so much in ages. Everyone was on point.

When the obligatory line of single guys (why oh why is it always the ones you don't like that find you irresistable?) tried to invade our little booth palace, we handled our business.

Either by out dancing them, girl hugging (tell me what man could come between girl on girl hug...apparently they are really distracting...!)

And, my personal favourite - the backward dance shuffle. A move so slick that our hunters,only noticed we'd done it, when the music changed and somehow we had ended up on the other side of the room still dancing, just minus them. Good to know we hadn't lost our touch !!

Rolling out a club at 5:30 in the morning is something I haven't done in a while. There something vaguely naughty about pouring out onto an empty street, when you obviously haven't been home yet.

There were two things I craved at that moment as I sat in the back of the cab - a bed and a burger and not necessarily in that order !

No comments: