Thursday 21 July 2011

Routines and BugBears !

Its funny how something as simple as sorting out a daily routine can make an uncertain situation feel a lot more stable.

My morning is all about emails and pitching for new contracts.

To cover myself I am also having to deal with my no 1 bugbear- recruitment agencies grrr....

I've never quite got over the stupidity of sending your cv to a new agency, often with a cover letter and then having to fill exactly the same information on their form or in your worst case scenario 8 page form, plus diversity and equal opportunities forms.

And don't let me forget my absolute pet hate, having your picture taken to be added those darned recruiters forms!

Why....can anyone tell me why an recruitment agency needs to take a picture of you?

It's not all doom and gloom though, I set myself up on the contractor site P mentioned and gave myself a little pat on the back for doing it, because its my first real step towards working for myself.

Also I've realised this is the first time I've had off from work in about five years...how rubbish is that?

Work life balance....a bit of a joke really until now.

No comments: