Sunday 11 December 2011

It's All Happening !

The countdown to Christmas shows no sign of slowing down at all.

On Friday, I dealt with girl code blowout between CJ and L. L has started dating one of CJ's exes - it may have been three years ago, but from the row they has on Friday night, it might as well have been right now. Being piggy in the middle isn't my idea of joy, so I told them to both 'grow up' and talk it out or to just let it lie.

Your guess is as good as mine as to what happens next.

While CJ and L battle it out, S is having a very different battle. Her flat sale has fallen through and it looks like her Christmas is going to be a blue one. We agreed to meet up on Tuesday and come up with an action plan.

On Saturday, I went to see A in her latest fashion show. She looked incredible in a floor length, cobalt blue evening gown and a cream jacket. The rest of the show was stunning, focusing on Christmas party looks and for men the Edwardian dandy theme ran through all their looks.

I got back from the show in time to meet R and we headed to our favourite Indian for a quick bite to eat before the X-Factor final and off to bed...to sleep !

Alone time for us at the moment is practically impossible due to work and other circumstances, so I've taken things into my own hands and planned a Christmas surprise that is strictly for just the two of us, without interruptions from adults, children and animals.

In the meantime, I'm taking an inventory of this year and my life in general. I'm going to have a long hard think during my customary solo Christmas and decide exactly what or who I need to ditch or keep.

I've been forced to compromise myself personally heavily and too a degree economically as well, because things have changed so often this year. I've had to make some tough judgement calls and be super practical, just to stay sane and afloat.

Now that things have stablised, I fully intend to get back in the driving seat and do what's right for me on every level.

No comments: