Wednesday 4 April 2012

Response to Samantha Brick - You're Soooo Vain !

BRICKSBRICKS (Photo credit: marc falardeau) So have you all read the article by Daily Mail writer Samantha Brick ?

If not you need to click the link below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html

I have not laughed so much in quite a while. Just to paraphrase the article, it centres on Ms Brick's assertion that she sooooo beautiful that the world treats her well and women hate her because she is soooo beautiful !

Having seen her yesterday on Good Morning my laughter turned to total disbelief that the whole thing wasn't actually a wind-up!

From the Captain on her airplane who sent her a bottle of champagne, down to the many men who have crossed her path in life with various other gestures of flowers, or who just can't make it through the day without telling her how gorgeous she is, Ms Brick is firmly of the opinion that most women hate her, because she is sooo beautiful.

She then goes on to catalogue the seemingly endless slights she has received from other women because she is sooooo beautiful and they are soooo intimidated and jealous of her. Before musing that she can't wait for the onset of middle age to diminish her great beauty and equal out the playing field between her and other less beautiful women.

What do I think? How sad do you have to be to shamelessly invite attention by writing something soooo completely ridiculous about yourself.

I examined Ms Brick's seven (yes seven !!) pictures that accompanied her article and wthout being a bitch (which I have no problem being when it's called for!) Ms Brick's looks in my most humble opinion are average.

Just average, but her vain attitude and apparent jealous hatred of other women in my eyes makes her an incredibly ugly person.

The sisterhood has always been competitive and challenging in terms of how we look and judge each other on things as large or small (depending on the amount of energy you want to waste on it ) as looks, or sometimes even evoked petty jealous moments about the clothes, car, man or job we may have or covet.

In my opinion how a woman conducts herself as a human being and in her treatment of others, is the mark of a true beauty. Through experience we ladies soon learn how to spot the true beauties from the shallow ones...the fakes !!

I met one such fake beauty at company I worked used to work for. Initially I was swept along with everyone else by her very obvious beauty into thinking she was just as lovely on the inside as she was on the out.  Actually things couldn't have been further from the truth.

In the time I knew her, I watched her ruthlessly toy with the affections of a rather sensitive male colleague - on and off, mind games - the works. By the time she finished with him, he didn't know which way was up.

Then she slagged off a female colleague so badly about her looks at a social event, that she made her cry, - not a mild snivel a well of tears. I could mention so many other things she did, but life is way too short to talk about such an unpleasant person.

The one shining thing that sticks out of Ms Brick's article is not that she is some sassy lady standing up for herself, beating the drum for beautiful women everywhere, to stand tall and proud, bathed in the super heroine cloak of loveliness; it actually highlights her vanity, self delusion, lack of engagement and any warmth at all. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for self love, but this woman is outta control and it seems I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I am delighted to hear that she has managed to secure the 'lasting' love of a good man, in her husband who according to her

"...takes great pride in hearing other men declare that I’m a beautiful woman and always tells me to laugh off bitchy comments from other women"

because trust me with mindset as small and underdeveloped as hers, if she was single, she would stay that way.... permanently.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: