Tuesday 4 January 2011

First Day Back

Today was like that horrible first day back that you remember from your school holidays.

You know what I'm talking about - that moment when you know you have to get up, but you hit snooze on your alarm, pull the blankets back over your head and try to grab just ten more minutes!

The day raced by and I surprised myself by working through my to do list in record time and continuing to work on my 2011 goals at home.

At the core of everything I am going to achieve this year (yes, I'm being super positive!) is being more true to myself.

Last year I spent a lot of time biting my tongue, then wondering why people assumed I was just going to go along with what they said.

This year I'm not playing this game. I'm not going go nuts and let my mouth run away with me, but I'm not going to put up with crap or say what I think people want to hear from me.

Take one of the guys who I pulled from my love interest stack. He asked -

"How long have you been on the web site? What would your perfect match be? Which is the best way to understand if some one could be the right one?"

In the past I might have micro analysed it. Triple dissected why he was asking the questions and the impact of my answers. Not anymore.

My response:

1) Over a year.
2) Someone who is chilled, not a player, comfortable with himself and me.

and finally,

3) It's all about a connection, chemistry and getting along with one and other.

Short, sweet, non-rambly but very me and it felt oh so good.

No comments: