Saturday 8 January 2011

None Of Our Business

One of the very best things about this country is its tolerance.

That tradition of tolerance and embracing of individuality, has led the oppressed and dispossessed throughout the ages to find their way to our shores, where they could live in peaceful harmony unjudged as being anything other than just themselves.

Maybe this sense of live and let live, has spoiled me with the expectation that everyone lives by this code.

I was really shocked by the hysteria and hatred generated on the net about an alleged statement from ex lead B2K singer Omarion in which he 'confirmed' he was bisexual.

I thought that in these englighted times someone's sexuality was their own business and a public judgement of them was completely unnecessary.It wasn't a surprise to me to read that Omarion hit back straightaway, hard like a gangsta via Twitter.

'I DID NOT RELEASE THAT STATEMENT',whatever you like is your business but I AINT GAY OR BISEXUAL,I love women PERIOD!!!!!!!'.

Whether he is or isn't, shouldn't be an issue. When Duncan James, from boyband Blue came out as bisexual, it barely raised a flutter in the British media, despite its reputation as being among one of the most ruthless in the world.

James' reputation in the entertainment industry and with the British public remains 'untarnished' and I for one am glad that a talented, hardworking individual, has not had his career blighted, because he has taken the decision to be be forthright about his personal life.

No comments: