Wednesday 21 April 2010

Catching Up

Had a great evening catching up with friends. First up was A, who I've just about got used to not sharing a daily latte moment with. Luckily for me I can get me A fix, next week at F's leaving do. Can't wait as it means guaranteed mischief.

Next, was Big D who's finally back in the country after an extended jaunt breaking even more hearts around the world. He was his usual cheeky self, the banter flowed and God it's good to have him back! We're meeting up next week and I'm already grinning at the thought of it.

A surprise email from WS means that I am now looking forward to our dinner in the next few weeks. I haven't seen him for ages so we are going to have heaps to catch up on.

One of the only advantages of being a long-term singleton is that friends frequently come to you for dating advice. Whether this is entirely wise bearing in mind your single status, is an irony not wasted me.

When E called she was a little shaky. She can't make up her mind whether to continue dating B who is divorced with two boys.

Her main problem, apart from a pathological terror of children, is the fact that her fear of them has been reinforced by the efforts of the older son. He 'hates' her and doesn't mind telling her regularly and is an accomplished row maker - these are usually between her boyfriend and her over his son.

"You're not going to listen to whatever I say. I mean look at N, now he was a die-hard jackarse, but you wouldn't listen, so just for once, I'm keeping quiet".

No comments: