Tuesday 27 April 2010

Wannabe Be A Beauty Queen?

First I have to give a massive shout out to my holler back girl JC who completed the London Marathon, her first, in an incredible 4 hours, 14 minutes on Sunday. Just want to say how proud I am of you girlfriend.

Next, my topic for today is ......beauty pageants…..LMM is taking part in Ms Caribbean Queen otherwise known as manna to write about for someone like me, who has never understood the mystical appeal of walking up and down in smiling in a swimsuit, before telling the world that you want to work with starving children and that you love animals.

To be fair LMM isn’t things seriously, well not too seriously. She’s brought the evening wear dress (stunning golden green a mere £180.00), written about her region and why she wants to win, as well as spending hours practising for her two minute interview and then Q and A section which rounds off the competition.

Over the weekend she has undergone a hair makeover (she when from black to copper highlights aka Beyonce a snip at £320), ensuring that win or lose as she told me “I look hot for the summer!”, hand and feet rejuvenation (manicure and pedicure) and deportment instruction (not walking like a crab sideways !!).

As I left work today she was at the end of her tither, trying to arrange for the express delivery of her evening wear gown. The mere thought of its not being delivered on time, had her jabbering on about 'crap customer service'.

It seems this beauty gig is an expensive game with no guaranteed pay-off,so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she bags the title and the luxury all expenses paid holiday. Goodness knows she'll need it!

No comments: