Wednesday 8 December 2010

Nanny BB

I've been a little grumpy today...I know it seems almost unbelievable but even divas get the blues sometimes, and forget that everyone has to start somewhere and sweating over small stuff is a complete waste of time.

This week I have been charged with looking after our intern, which has gripped me with the overworthy desire to ensure he gets the most out of his time with us.

My need to be on time, super organised and in control (I even prepared his schedule myself) means I am slowly driving myself nuts, as personified by my morning of chaos.

I started the day by somehow ending up waiting twice as long for my bus to the train station, which meant I missed my connecting train, which meant I was half an hour late. I hate being late for anything, so I immediately felt like I was running behind for the day.

The first two 'meet and greets' flagged on the intern's schedule both cancelled and I was forced to scramble around the office looking for some other work to occupy him with.

Lunch couldn't come fast enough, but after lunch a communication from our big chief reminded me that I was once an intern sort of !

Our meeting tomorrow is a very important location to me. When I was studying, through the university, I managed to land a brilliant internship placement, working at a radio station and ended up writing and producing a show for them.

I remember being beyond scared, excited and proud when it finally aired. Which is probably what it feels like to be a 16 year old, plunged into the world of work, when you have little or no idea about what you want to do with the rest of your life.

I made a mental note to chill out and try and make things more fun for him and me !

No comments: