Wednesday 2 March 2011

Foot and Mouth 2

Gone but not forgotten Ms Thang has been replaced by an deadpan Eastern Europe princess who has a very limited sense of humour.

I have been dealing with her humour bypass quietly, resisting the temptation to wind her up, until we heard news from Ms Thang who has relocated to Dullsville.

I always knew that eventually she would find, that her deadly one liners would land her in a whole heap of trouble. A new work colleague excitedly showed MT her engagement ring.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? It's just what I wanted and we didn't break the bank either. I can't believe it only cost £500. I'm so lucky!"

MT's grip on tact and sensitivity is a pretty slim one, so it was no surprise for her to reply curtly.

"Only £500. Where did you get it from Argos ?"

If her response had been directed at diva like myself, I would have hit back and said,

"Well at least I have an engagement ring darling!"

No comments: