Saturday 29 August 2009

Say Hello Wave Goodbye

There's something about Fridays (apart from it being my favourite day of the week, so much so, that I always call it Happy Friday). It's a day when things happen. This Friday was no different. An email announced the imminent departure of N, our little Aussie ray of sunshine who is returning to Oz with her new husband.

I'm delighted for her of course, but I am really going to miss that smiley face and her totally rubbish jokes. She's one of those people who lights up a room and has the knack of making you feel like you are the most important person in it.

While I was just getting my head around this news, I learnt some great news from Kels. Her hubby who was made redundant 8 months ago, has just landed a consultancy role. What makes her hubby so special is his realness. He's an old style, stand up good guy, who values his life with Kels over everything else. When he couldn't get a job he wanted, he took whatever he could find to make sure the bills still got paid. In short he's the type of 'real deal' guy, who is increasingly rare.

In the process Kels has changed too. She's still a little princess (and a very amusing one at that- pretty, smart blonde, kind hearted and endearingly funny), but she appreciates things much more; her life and the relationship with her husband have been strengthened and seeing her so happy is a real joy.

It is nice to be reminded once in a while, that love doesn't always have to be one massive drama (my lovelife excluded of course in that summation), or complicated by life's obstacles, an entity that ebbs and flows and sometimes disappoints. Sometimes love can be as simple as being there for someone, sticking with them through the tough stuff and loving them all the more for it. Good to see I'm still such an optimistic cow right - Not! - Well not if I'm involved in that relationship anyway!

No comments: