Thursday 5 November 2009

Epilogue - My Big Day !

I thought the day after was supposed to be pants....but it wasn't. HWMBO was surprisingly calm....well as calm as he can be. M had held the fort like a trouper, despite L being off sick and throughout the day I had friends calling me and colleagues coming up to ask how my graduation went.

I stayed late to finish off a few things in the office and then headed off to the supermarket, having been blown out by G yet again. The whole G siuation is definitely no pissing me off - this time no excuse, not even a phone call. I feel a clear the air moment coming on or a parting of the ways is on the cards. I don't do frienemies !

Just as I was scanning my groceries, my phone rang. I have learnt the hard way, that diving around in your bag, trying to retrieve a ringing phone, before it stops ringing is like hoping that dropped toast will land butter side up, it's 50:50.

When I checked my phone later, I found a voicemail from my Dad on it. "B, I just wanted to say congratulations again and talk to you. I'm so proud of you, very proud!" I called him right back, we caught up on our days and ended on our signature "Love you!".

He may be grouchy sometimes, funny as hell (all the time!), wise beyond words and probably the most judgemental person I know, but he has a heart of gold and is the real deal! If I can find a man half as good as him, then I will have found a prize indeed.

No comments: