Monday 16 November 2009

Ok A, You Said Do Something About the Dane So I Did...

There are some tantalising morsels of beefcake that a diva just can't wave goodbye to without a fight. And the Dane is one of them. He's handsome, funny and smart. A beautiful rarity who leaves a girl hot and bothered just from talking to her.

Having consulted my favourite love guru A, I was sent away with these salient words of wisdom. " Remember he is good looking and good looking guys don't have to chase anybody. They just get chased!"

And my favourite A recommendation, which was to send the Dane a message telling him to come and "Visit my cha cha!", which had the pair of us howling so much that we were in danger of dropping our lattes and not making it through the security gates, back upstairs to our office.

What I adore about A is his attitude to love and the fact that while it is good to put some effort into the dating thing, you have to have some fun with it too. Undoubtedly it is one of the best things I've learnt this year, along with not raining on your own parade too much, because you didn't manage to hook up with that man, woman or love freak you wanted to.

Sure chemistry and perception of it by one or both sides can be a little off-centre (look at me and M - I thought we were hot...he most certainly did not!).

What do I think my chances are with the Dane. In my head - we are dirty, red hot, bad, mad and dangerous to know. But in reality the deck of love cards is firmly stacked against me.

Did I take A's advice? Sort of but not so explicitly - I sent a cheeky 'come and get me' message, translated into Danish (no, not be me, I used an internet language translator!) to show my creativity and willingness to stand out from my competition.

Result - well who knows? My experience of men tells me absolutely nothing. I am completely inept at figuring out what their thinking, their next moves, but it doesn't mean I can't have any fun trying to work them out!

It could really go either way with the Dane but one thing's for sure, instead of thinking I may not be good enough, this time I've thrown my hat into the dating arena and at least joined the race to to win the man and that is really what this merry-go-round is all about. Putting yourself out there and seeing what happens.

No comments: