Monday 2 November 2009

Anti-Climax !

I am 48 hours away from my much longed for graduation and I have to say I'm kind of underwhelmed. My friends appear to forgotten about it or just not be that bothered about it - "You were always going to pass!" and my nutty sister is threatening to out bling everyone in the graduation hall just to freak me out.

My Dad hasn't been feeling the greatest and confessed tonight that it's 50:50 as to whether he'll make it or not. In short, what the hell is going on?

My highpoint has surprisingly come from work. My team who you know I love, gathered around my desk at the end of the day, along with HWMBO and gave me a card and a red letter day experience. I was really touched, particualarly when HWMBO took me by surprise with a speech and and a Dad hug...totally surreal !

Snuggled up on my sofa later, I turned the day around in my head and instead of worrying about who is or isn't bothered about my graduation or just what I am up to in general, I thought about all the time and effort I'd put into getting this darned degree and every else I've achieved this year, and just for once instead of worrying about everyone else and making sure they are ok, I was proud of myself. So roll on Wednesday and please, please don't let me trip up !

No comments: