Thursday 31 December 2009

Hello 2010 !

Well this is it! Unbelievably I have made it through this year relatively unscathed and in full possession of my marbles ! I began the year practically on flatline. Not sure entirely what the year would hold for me, in truth full of fear and wondering where the next potshoot was going to come from.

Slowly I set my sights on doing something with my writing - which evolved into this blog, that has allowed me to praise, bitch, air my hopes and fears and sometimes just moan about how crap life can be.

Next came work, a real rollercoaster of a ride, that one. Just when I've thought I was on track HWMBO would pull out one of those pesky bananas skins and launched it so neatly that I'd end up on the floor wondering what the hell had just happened.

The battle continues and as every warrior princess knows just because you loose the odd battle, doesn't mean you have to lose the war!

Then there was my lovelife - a train wreck at the beginning of the year and much the same at the end of it, but hey nobody's perfect right? Having played at and failed miserably trying to date in the 'real world', I took my love search into cyperspace.

This particular journey, has been at turns exciting, miserable, funny, exasperating, disappointing, frustrating but so worthwhile as ultimately, I've learnt so much about myself.

I am a catch (and a true diva!) but a blooming fussy one! I have realised that sometimes that 'he must have' checklist that so many of us divas have, can actually mean we let guys who might actually turn out to be the 'real deal' slip through our fingers.

I'm not in love with the idea of being in love anymore. Yes I did just say it it ! Finding someone would be great, but not if I have to sacrifice me - what I want and how I want to be treated - I deserve!

I am not sure what 2010 holds for me, but I do know that whatever it is I can deal with it!

No comments: