Wednesday 2 December 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning

So what's happened since the last time we 'talked' - well plenty! The new kid on my dating block aka DG continues to be well more than a little gorgeous ! We text in the morning, a few cheeky ones here and there and talk at the end of each day usually for an hour or two.

This whole situation has been so damn easy. No drama ! No commitment phobic hysteria ! No other women on the sidelines, that may or may not be revisited. If he's got something to say, he just blurts it out however, un-PC and God how refreshing!

He already has our entire weekend mapped out, from picking me up at the station onwards and its kind of sweet, particularly as I'm not used to being treated like that.

Usually it's me bending over backwards, like some demented bitch dog chasing her itching collar and wondering why it won't come off. The more I learn about him, the more I like having him around. He's my buddy as well as being a studmuffin.

Only one thing I'm worried about, if this doesn't work out I honestly will be more than a little gutted.

In the midst of my little piece of paradise, my opposite number, who arrived with such high hopes, of climbing from assistant to management; on the back of her charge's tailcoat has crashed and burned.

She has hit upon the hard lesson that all assistants everywhere (however great they are !) come to learn - no matter how amazing you are, you will never, ever be great enough be considered as important enough or equal to the demands and self interest of the person you are 'serving'. Their needs,wants, and feelings will always come first.

After she had dried her tears, ranted through her quite hefty list of issues and generally let out some long held frustrations ("Why do I have to go get his sodding lunch, the ungrateful bugger!"), I gave her the mother of all pep talks.

Whether it will work or not remains to be seen; but it did serve as notice to me that the grass really isn't always greener on the other side.

No comments: