Sunday 14 November 2010

Busted and Foraging !

I love the fact that my friends call me out, particularly when it comes to making me admit to things I'd rather not.

I met up with C in town to catch up and before you could say let's have another latte, she was on my case about I.

"I've read the blog and I'm telling you, you like him more than you're letting on!"

"I'm not saying yes or no", I said staring into my latte, hoping she'd change the subject.

"Which means you do. You always do this. It's all secret squirrel when you actually like someone. Totally off the radar. Why do you think I read your blog? You're so bloody laid-back and neutral, guys get that tomboy friendly vibe from you, instead of fancying you, they put you in the friends zone which is why he told you about the other girl!"

"You mean his new mega gorgeous girlfriend, who he's besotted with", I said helpfully.

"Yes, but you don't even know that for sure. He could just be foraging!"

"Foraging !"I snorted, spluttering out some of my latte and then laughing hard.

"You know exactly what I mean missus. Break-up bootycall ! We've all done it. Just tell him. Break the habit of a life time and tell him !"

"....and make a complete prat of myself, no thank you! Nothing to tell cherub, he's just not into me, he's very, very happy elsewhere and that's fair enough!"

"Coward!" C chimed.

"Maybe but at least he has absolutely no idea and won't look at me like I'm some sort of sad looney tune! They're loved up and that's that."

I was still thinking about what she said when I got home.

10mins later she texted me.

"You're right of course! By the way I hate it when you're right. I just want you to be happy. You are right not to waste your time on a non-starter. Life's too short. When a guy really likes you, he'll go out of his way to make sure you know about it and you my dear are most definitely worth it!! Keep fishing! -x- "

No comments: