Friday 19 November 2010

Happy Friday or Lucky Me !

Last night I met up with SW and had a great time. I used to work at SW and unlike those people who always say "we must keep in touch", he actually did.

He is one of those positive energy people that everyone should have in their lives. He's smart, wise, cute as a button and has the self depreciating humour of someone who is content with themselves and their lives.

Spending time with him was so easy and over four hours we caught up on our lives, people we know, obviously gossiped for England and laughed a lot. As I ran through some of my more notable social and romantic disasters this year, I realised just how lucky I am.

Aside from my family, I have to say I some truly awesome friends who keep me in check and offer me unstinting support, even when I am being a complete tool !

Regardless of my numerous romantic misadventures, bouts of diva frustration and anger at myself when I completely bulls up, I'm still standing.

There is joy in my life daily and although I'm not sharing it with Mr "Real Deal" right now, I am sharing it with people I love, value and respect,which makes me feel proud and rich every day; particularly coming to the end of a year which has been so tough.

"To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with"
(Anonoymous or the contents of my fortune cookie from Dim T last night!)

No comments: